- When can I redeem my voucher? [+]
Check the 'Fine print' details on your voucher for the activation time/date.
You can redeem your voucher from this time.
- I purchased an option for 2 (or 3) languages but only received 1 code, why? [+]In this case you can re-use your voucher, simply add *2 & or *3 to the end of your code & redeem again.
E.G.: 123456789, 123456789*2 & 123456789*3
- I've not received my download link by email [+]
- Your page says: ''This coupon is invalid” [+]
If you receive this message, check the following:
- You're not trying to redeem before the activation date or after the expiry date
- You’re redeeming on the correct landing page
- You’re entering the voucher code, not the security code or any other codes
- If you have copied & pasted your code, check that you haven’t inserted a space with the code
|123456789 | there’s a space after 9
| 123456789| there’s a space before 1
|123456789| is correct
- Your page says: ''This coupon has already been redeemed'' [+]Then you have redeemed your code!
If you haven’t received your confirmation email & download link, refer to FAQ 3
- When I click on the download link, I receive a “Failure Notice”, why? [+]This can happen if you access the link from a mobile/tablet or shared network such as work or public space network. It's either your iDevice or the network preventing you from downloading.
Delete any failed download, clear your browsing history & try re-clicking the download link from your pc/laptop and a private connection.
If you continue to receive the failure message we may need to reset your link, in this case Contact Us
- My download appeared to work but now I can’t find it? [+]
Check ‘Downloads’ ‘My Downloads’ or in ‘My Documents’.
Try a system search for the term ‘earworms’.
If you can’t find the file, click on the link in your email to download again.
If you’re using Windows, choose the SAVE option.
- Can I use my voucher for an earworms Volume 2 download? [+]
No sorry, as explained in the 'Fine Print' this offer applies to Volume 1 MP3 downloads only.
- Is my device compatible? [+]Almost certainly!
earworms MP3 files can be transferred from your PC to the following devices:
All MP3 players
Android Smart Phones & tablets
Windows Mobile devices
iPod Touch, Classic, Nano
iPad, iPad Mini
iPhone - all models
Most MACs & PC/laptops have unzipping software, if yours doesn't, please refer to FAQ 11.
Refer to FAQ 13 if you don’t know how to transfer music files.
- My Mobile / Tablet can’t download! Why not & what can I do? [+]The earworms files are sent to you in a zip file. i.e. compressed for a faster download speed.
While its possible to download these files directly to some iDevices, you will face problems opening the archive file & transferring to your Music Library without a third party App.
Unless you're quite technical, we recommend you first download your files to your MAC or desktop/laptop PC and use iTunes, WinAmp for Android or other software to add them to your Music Library.
Thereafter sync your device in the normal way.
- What are Zip files & how do I open them? [+]Zip files compress data & enable faster downloading. Almost all MACs & most PCs/laptops have ‘unzip’ software already installed & auto open when clicked.
If you're having problems with your Windows PC/laptop, right hand click, select Extract or Extract all or Open with & choose Windows Explorer. These actions create a new regular folder, usually in the same location.
With MACs, right hand click, select Archive Utility to open. Beware, occasionally the new folder will hide underneath the zipped one. If you can't locate your new folder try dragging & dropping the zipped one to reveal it.
The tracks within the new regular folder can then be added to your Music Library, visit FAQ 13 if you're unfamiliar with this process.
- I’ve transferred my download to my Player / Mobile / Tablet but it doesn’t work? [+]
If you’ve transferred the Zip file or folder, it won’t work because ‘players’ can’t open zip files or folders. Only transfer the tracks.
Please refer also to FAQ’s 9, 10, 11 & 13
- How do I transfer my download to my MP3 player? [+]
With so many MP3 players & devices available, it’s impossible for us to provide assistance on all makes & models. Most devices have online support pages so we recommend you type into a search engine:
How to transfer Music
First ‘add’ your files to your iTunes library:
- Open iTunes
- Windows users: File > Add files > Browse > Add your earworms tracks
- Mac users: File > Browse > Add your earworms tracks
Then ‘sync’ your library to your device:
- Connect your device to your computer
- Select your device in the left hand column
- Select the ‘Music’ tab from your device’s menu & check the earworms tracks to sync
- Click Sync to transfer the tracks you selected to your device
TIP: Make a new playlist of your earworms content, it’s easier to find & check to Sync & easier to search for tracks once on your device
Windows Users: You don’t need to install the Android File Transfer application to connect to a Windows computer. Simply connect your Android device to a computer with a USB cable to transfer music files.
Mac Users:You can connect your Android device to a computer running Mac OS X with a USB cable, to transfer music files between your device and the computer.
This connection uses the MTP protocol, which is not supported by Mac OS X natively, so you first need to install the free Android File Transfer application on your Macintosh.
For more information about connecting to a Macintosh computer via USB, Please visit the Google Mobile Help Center for additional instructions.
1. Connect your device to your computer.
2. On your device, in the dialog box that appears, select any of the file transfer options.
3. On your computer, open the BlackBerry Desktop Software.
4. Click the media transfer option that best suits what you want to do.
Your device’s storage card is treated just like a usb drive. So when you connect your device to your computer you can synchronise directories or drag and drop files back and forth.
Using the preloaded music and video player you can catalog your earworms audio files with Windows Media Players' library function; it will search your device for the right files and put them into order using the meta-data.
- Can I use my voucher for an earworms App (Android or Apple)? [+]
No sorry, as in the deal 'Fine Print' this offer applies to Volume 1 MP3 downloads from our range.
- How many vouchers can I buy? [+]
We generally don’t apply limits to the amount of earworms download vouchers that you can purchase. Refer to the promotion 'Fine Print'
- When does my voucher expire, how much time do I have to redeem it? [+]
Your voucher validity period (expiry date) is printed on your voucher.
- I didn't receive a voucher / I can't find my voucher? [+]
Unfortunately earworms MBT does not have access to your personal voucher details. To recover your voucher or code, refer to your Daily Deals site.
Tip: Many Daily Deals companies allow you to login to your account and view, print or re-print a copy of the voucher that was emailed to you.
- Can I get a refund on my voucher? [+]
Refunds can only be administered by the Daily Deals website that you bought your voucher from. Please refer to their 'Terms and Conditions' and submit all such enquiries to them.
- I'd like to know more about the science behind earworms MBT, the method, the effectiveness and how to use this system? [+]You're most welcome, go to our home page and take a tour of our site, play our 'free demos' (try before you buy), read our Concept FAQs, visit the 'Free Resources' area and enjoy a good look around.
We'd appreciate it if you 'Like' us on our new Facebook fan page and let us know your thoughts on our 'slightly different' learning method.
- Contact [+]