- Music is the KeyEver wondered why you just can’t get a song out of your head??
The term earworms or catchy tunes refers to those songs which you hear a few times and then just can t get out of your head. Now, earworms mbt Rapid Languages uses this phenomenon to put the essential words and phrases you need not just on the tip of your tongue, but it transports them deeply into your long-term memory, ready for instant recall.Rhythm and words i.e. song and verse have always been a very powerful memory aid, and this is supported by recent scientific research. The advertising industry knows only too well how powerful music can be in getting the message across with brainwashing-like jingles and soundbites. The idea is as simple as it is old. Before the age of writing, ancient historical events were recorded in verse and song form for easy memorisation. In his book 'Songlines', Bruce Chatwin describes how the Australian Aborigines were able to navigate their way across hundreds of miles of desert to their ancestral hunting grounds without maps. And how? The extensive lyrics of their traditional songs were exact descriptions of the routes.The Daily Telegraph: The Best Travel Appsearworms MBT self-styled "revolutionary" language learning apps, these 70-minute audio lessons use mesmerising music and repetition to get your brain to remember key words and phrases. Weirdly effective.
- It really works!Developed by language teaching experts and used over many years in the classroom!
Earworms mbt® has shown phenomenal success. In difficult tests pupils using this technique regularly get average marks of over 90% compared to less than 50% with conventional book based learning. Simply by listening to the rhythmic repetition of these specially composed melodies a few times the sound patterns become indelibly burned into your auditory cortex. Not only will you have successfully learned the phrase, but will also have the correct accent ringing in your ears!The approach can be summarised in a few words: language learning success depends on the student seeing a positive result and having a positive emotional response within the first few hours of learning. The “Wow, I can do it!” and “I can really learn with this method! “and “words just stick in my brain”* reactions are crucial in motivational terms. These reactions indicate that the student's mindset towards learning the language has been influenced in a positive way, creating fertile ground for the planting of new knowledge.Earworms adopts the 'so called' The lexical approach. In essence, this means it looks at the language in terms of whole meaningful chunks, which are broken down into their component bite-sized parts, practised thoroughly and then reconstructed. Learners not only learn complete immediately useful phrases, they also intuitively learn something about the structure (the grammar) of the language.Gulf News:'Rhythm and words, I discovered, are a powerful memory aid, and music an ideal catalyst. So when I picked up a copy of Earworms, an audio CD of Rapid Arabic with music, I was optimistic. I wasn’t so because it had more than 200 Essential words and phrases. Or because it came with a printed phonetic phrase book. Or because it was compatible with my iPod. I was optimistic because it was easy to listen to. I played it while driving, exercising and relaxing at home. It was effortless, enjoyable and most importantly, effective.''
- S'cool ToolsWhy hasn't music been used more in education up to now?
Imagine kids at school getting a CD or an App of hip-hop songs with all the historical dates they have to learn, or the French verbs, or all the countries and capitals of the world! Wouldn't that make their (and teachers') school lives much easier, much more fun, much more successful? Rest assured, we are working on it!Earworms on the school run; if parents and their offspring listen to earworms for an average journey time of twenty minutes a day, in just two weeks they could all gain enough language to get by in a foreign country. Learning together on the school run has a lot going for it. Not least having a bit of fun and breaking down the inhibitions that many people have towards foreign languages - and it’s great for parents to witness how quickly their kids can learn.FHM MagazineAn innovative way to learn foreign languages - Now imagine if the lyrics of a pop song ''I dance/you dance'' were replaced with foreign words and conversational phrases - Voila! The language would eat into your brain like a virus, which is the genius idea behind the earworms Musical Brain Trainer.
- Rapid LanguagesThe themes in all earworms titles follow closely the Common European Framework for language learning, a recognised benchmark of language proficiency - and the emphasis is constantly on usefulness to the learner. Available on Audio CD, MP3 download and Apple iPhone, IPod, IPad. Currently in two volumes:Volume 1 is your survival kit of essential words and phrases for use when travelling abroad on a business trip or vacation
Volume 2 includes more conversational items and allows you to talk about yourself, past, present and future, express opinions, chat and even flirtThe accompanying booklet contains all the text from the audio, both English and target language, plus the sounds of the words. An additional aid to learning 'memory hooks' and comments to assist your memorisation and understanding can be found on the website under 'Extras'. These complement the audio and are really worth checking out. Memory hooks are for example, if you want to memorise the Italian term 'my name is' = 'mi chiamo', imagine 'my name is Micky Armo' - and you will never forget.Wired MagazineYes, earworms. Everyone hates them. So when I heard about a company that was trying to use the power of the earworm for good, I was intrigued. And skeptical. And a little afraid. Maybe I’d have learned and retained as much from plain old audio lessons with no catchy riffs or toe-tapping beats. But the fact remains that a few weeks ago, all I could say in Dutch was a simple “dank u,” and now I know how to ask for a “gemengde salade” (mixed salad) — and I don’t even particularly like salad! So, what’s my verdict on Earworms language lessons? As the Dutch say, “heel goed!” (Very good!)
- Just listen!Just sit back, relax and groove along to the melodies without trying to concentrate too hard. Treat them as songs that you hear on the radio and before you know it, foreign words and phrases will be there, instantly ready for recall. Earworms mbt® puts the words and phrases that you need not just on the tip of your tongue, but also transports them deep into your long-term memory.Wherever you are, whatever you’re doing, you can now be learning a new language at the same time! Think how much more productive jogging, driving, ironing or even having a bath could become!The earworms MBT language learning programme is designed to make learning:
• Easily accessible - showing the learner how he or she can learn.
• Effective - giving immediate success and producing a positive learning attitude.
• Fun - generating enthusiasm for the learning process.
• Convenient - taking into account time and other constraints of today's learner.Business WeekUp-Front - Soon after debuting on iTunes in January, Earworms Rapid Spanish MP3s topped the US audio-book sales and is now a top selling language learning product.
- Reviews"An innovative approach to learning a new language" The combination of music and words seems to embed the phrases into the listener’s memory thereby accelerating the learning process. Not only am I excited about travelling to Paris for the very first time, but am now also very keen to try out my new language skills with the locals. Michelle – Australia
"Learn German to music? Definitely less tedious!" I know some folks out there may find the music annoying and the material basic. But I listen to a LOT of language programs and really like what they've done with this program. When I have to do a quick brush up on my German, this is definitely the program to grab.
Ben - USA
''Wow, I am impressed!'' I have just gotten back from Germany and I have to testify - this program was a Godsend! I could talk to everyone and they not only understood me, they remarked that my German was very good! I was blown away not only by how easily and effortlessly the recorded phrases came back to me, but how I was able to integrate the phrases with the limited vocabulary and grammar that I already possessed.
Marilyn - Canada
"A pleasant kickstart'' I've been working on my French for a few years, and often need (and dread) a quick refresher. This program helped my brain switch back into French mode in a little over an hour.
Dopparr - MI – USA
"Cognitively Infectious" I downloaded this program because I’m planning a trip to Italy and was intrigued by the teaching concept. After listening to Rapid Italian I’ve gone back to my traditional tapes and found I couldn’t bear the mind crushing boredom. Earworms Learning is on to something here and I’m looking forward to their future offerings.
Kate - MO – USA
"Excellent" This is one of the best ways to learn a language. I have several other Greek teaching tools, but this is by far the best. The phrasing is short enough to allow you to repeat the phrases. There is plenty of repetition without boredom. The use of music to anchor the language learning is superb.
Marsha - USA
Earworms mbt® - Learn French, German, Italian, Spanish, Greek, Russian, Chinese, Portuguese, Russian and Dutch Quickly and Easily
Recommended by The Daily Telegraph, Wired Magazine, FHM Magazine and Business Week